WES - Standards
Compusult Limited participates in many international standards bodies with a focus on those standards that are geospatially-related. As a result, our geospatial product development and deployment depends upon standard specifications. Standards supported by our product line include:
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) - "OGC is an international industry consortium of 513 companies, government agencies and universities participating in a consensus process to develop publicly available interface standard OGC standards support interoperable solutions that "geo-enable" the Web, wireless and location-based services and mainstream IT. The standards empower technology developers to make complex spatial information and services accessible and useful with all kinds of applications." Compusult Limited has been involved in the OGC specification process for many years now. Some standards supported by Web Enterprise Suite Include:
- Web Map Service (WMS)
- Web Map Tile Service (WMTS)
- Web Feature Service (WFS)
- Web Coverage Service (WCS)
- Catalog Services for the Web (CSW)
- Geography Markup Language (GML)
- Filter Encoding
- OGC Location Services
- Context Atom Encoding Standard
- Sensor Observation Service (SOS)
- Sensor Model Language (SensorML)
- Style Layer Descriptor (SLD)
- Web Processing Service (WPS)
- Metadata Standards - Compusult was an early implementor and adoptor of national and international metadata standards. We have been involved in many committees that use a collaborative process to define these standard's specifications. Our software is metadata agnostic. Some standards currently supported include:
- ISO 19115
- ISO 19139
- ISO North American Profile (NAP)
- FGDC GEO Profile
- Department of Defense Discovery Metadata Specification (DDMS)
- Dublin Core
- Information Technology Standards - Compusult is an adamant supporter for the use of "industry standards" when developing and implementing IT projects. Keeping in mind that industry standards evolve, change and are sometimes dropped, we use a best practice approach.
GO Mobile is a mobile application for devices such as the iPhone, iPad, Android phones and Android-based tablets to easily access geospatial content and other data and services through secure wireless communications to the cloud.
GO Mobile also provides First Responders and users in-the-field with the ability to collect, distribute and share critical information to assist with Situational Awareness and the decision making process.
WES Catalog is an OGC-compliant ebXML integrated services registry and repository. The application provides comprehensive, standards-based, catalog creation and management modules enabling data and service discovery, publishing, access, and maintenance.
Easily manage metadata about services (e.g., WMS, WFS, WCS, etc.) and repository items (e.g., XML documents, text documents, images, sound, etc.) contained in the catalog.
Meta Manager is an OGC-CSW/Open Search compliant metadata management tool. It will automatically extract metadata from relational databases, file systems, etc. and format the metadata according to a preferred metadata standard (NAP, DDMS, ISO 19115, etc.).
The solution is ideal for organizations that need to quickly and efficiently organize structured and unstructured data for discovery in access to corporate/agency portals and/or Open Data government portal environments.
The Sensor Hub software is a light weight solution that can be deployed on any device running Java whether in the field or a server room. The software is easily configurable from the "router like" HTML interface and allows for standardized access to a wide array of IoT Sensors.
Drivers which allow for communication with many different sensor systems already exist withing the software, including Grove, Z-Wave, and many others. Custom drivers can be uploaded using the interface, without requiring software updates to the Sensor Hub.