Speech Access to Telephone Console Indicators and Displays
Compusult's TeleTalk system provides access to telephone console indicator and message display information for blind and visually impaired users.
TeleTalk is a compact, unobtrusive system that captures data from a telephone system and converts call-related data to equivalent speech and large, high-contrast display output.
There are TeleTalk systems specifically designed for various models of telephone consoles. Let us know your requirements.
- Speech-enabled telephone console indicators & message displays.
- Aids blind and visually impaired employees in the workplace.
- Easy to install and maintain.
- Flexible design offers several configurations to meet your needs.
- Unobtrusive installation and integration with your current telephone system.
- Reliable - The electronics and software employ proven hardware and software technology.
- Easy to install & maintain - TeleTalk can be fully operational in two hours. Some models are user installable.
- Transportable - It is a light, compact system that can be easily relocated when equipment is moved or replaced.
- Broad-based - TeleTalk is available in multiple configurations for a variety of telephone consoles. We also have other assistive technology products where TeleTalk is not an option.
Please contact us to discuss your specific needs.
The TeleTalk system is available in various configurations, including:
TeleTalk hardware & software:
Uses electronics hardware to capture data from the telephone console and computer software to provide speech output of telephone indicator & display information.
TeleTalk electronics hardware:
A stand-alone system that uses electronics hardware to capture data from the telephone console and provide speech output of telephone indicator & display information.
TeleTalk hardware and computer:
Uses electronics hardware to capture data from the telephone console and a miniature computer system to provide speech output of telephone indicator & display information.
TeleTalk solutions are available for several models of Nortel and many other telephone consoles.
The TeleTalk software will run on computer systems with the following minimum configuration:
- Microsoft Windows 98, ME, 2000, NT, XP or Vista
- 350 MHz Pentium II or better processor
- 64 MB of available RAM
- 50 MB of available hard disk drive space
- One RS-232 serial (COM) port
- Multi-channel sound card
- Monitor capable of 800 x 600 resolution
- CD-ROM drive
The original TeleTalk system was developed for Mary Susan Orester at the Nebraska Department of Revenue in cooperation with the Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Jouse3™ operates using the USB interface and protocols. Just plug it in, and Jouse3 will configure itself to work with your particular computer. It couldn't be easier!
Scotty Laptop wheelchair tray system is a versatile collection of attachment hardware, connectors, supporting links and work surfaces for many uses.
These systems are used in a variety of environments where it is more convenient to have the closed captioning displayed outside of the normal on-screen viewing area.